Wednesday, November 17, 2010

brat !

i have seen in chat rooms ,discussions about what it means to be a brat. There are girls who are so proud of being a brat that they put it in their descriptions, an "in your face" kind of statement that says "this is how i am, i ain't changing for nobody, so THERE!"

Now, truthfully, if a girl is smartass, disobedient, making her own choices about her own behaviour, showing tremendous disrespect to most folks with a capped nick, intruding with ugly comments into ongoing scenes, and being silly and giggly just for attention.....AND states that she's proud of her behaviour....what does that tell a Dominant who is looking for a submissive to own?

Being a brat is, in my opinion, nothing more than choosing to have no self control. It's hard to not type things without the motivation of making someone proud of her restraint. Is it TOO hard not to? Or is it sheer laziness that makes some folks proud of their bratty behaviour? And what is funny to me is that so many of those brats want to top from the bottom when they DO find someone who wants to try with them....it's their nature, and they were attractive enough for the Dom to "own" them, why should they bother to change now?

When bratty behaviour is accepted, and encouraged, in a forum such as in a chat room, it is detrimental to the formation of relationships, truly D/s relationships, as well as to the room itself. Again, this is only my opinion, nothing more. But it has been both my observations, and my experiences, that have created such an opinion. You have got to desire to turn from sassy, reckless brat, into being the ideal sub any good Master could want, if it takes work so be it.

4 comments:

Sephani Paige said...

I think there is a vast difference in being a playful brat and a disrespectful little shit. A lot of subs think "brat" is cute and hide behind it to be disrespectful little shits, which in turn gives honest to goodness just having a playful moment brats like me a bad name. I respect my Master, other peoples Masters and would never do the things you've talked about seeing done...however I am a brat. I really wish these little shit heads would stop messing up a perfectly good sense of humor!!

His Bitch said...

i can be a playful brat with the best of them, so yes i do agree with you seph, however the other kind annoy me immemsley and as you say give the good brats/girls a bad name, i watched one room where a gaggle of bratty brats, were voting on if the Dom's word would be followed or not, i was horrified the word democracy was even mentioned, i pointed out when was D/s ever democratic

W Powling said...

Interesting read, I personally can't stand girls like that. I can be a brat with the best of them, but I would never behave like that in a D/s environment. It's not being a brat, it's rude and there's no call for it.

Toyin O. said...

Interesting post.