Thursday, July 15, 2010

Abbey Road~The End~

I have completely given up trying to figure out what the hell attracts people to this blog and why. However, since lately so many visitors seem to be dropping in it must have something
.And so it goes. July already, spinning quickly into August and before we know it December Christmas and another year end.
Meanwhile, I'm trying to stay positive and make plans for my summer.

I just turned 55 a few weeks ago. In this past year, my life has certainly changed in ways, and stayed much the same in others. I've seen my family remain close while undergoing individual trials and tribulations; I've gained new friends while watching others drift out of my life; and I've tried adding new and exciting activities to the mix.

But guess what? Maybe I'm not much wiser, because what i wrote a year ago (Happy Birthday to me, June. 30 2009) still basically holds true, so I'm just going to repeat it here:
Every day of my life has led me to this exact place and time, just as it should be. The true measure of success is how many loved ones you gather, not how much wealth. You get what you give. And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make (credit: The Beatles). Lennon misquoted the line slightly; the actual words are, "And, in the end, the love you take/ Is equal to the love you make." ...
The pure love that you generate towards others comes back to you in equal measure. At the end of your life, the purity of your mind as reflected in the selfless love that you have generated in the past, attracts the corresponding positive forces, which help support you, Here's to the next part of the journey ...

No comments: