Tuesday, May 20, 2008

the power of choice

"Man experiences the essence of his masculinity in the act of romantic dominance; woman experiences the essence of her femininity in the act of romantic surrender."
-Ayn Rand

Yes, I submit to Master. But he is a specific man - i do not submit to all men because no other man has a right to dominate me. No other man has my permission to dominate me. And i know that sounds Dommish of me, but it's true. The only way a D/s relationship can work is if we want it. Master can't force me to submit, i can't force my submission upon him, because he can refuse to dominate.


So we both have the choice of D/s, and that's the crucial distinction For me, it is the one that i have selected as the one i wish to pursue.


And that's female empowerment - the power of choice.

No comments: