Wednesday, October 06, 2004

Is life sweet or what ?

There i was, so sure that i had a good reason to moan and groan about some of the really trivial boring aspects of life and then i get a good swift kick in the chops that tells me, without any refined words..that i have so little to complain about really. I have no real problems that i have to contend with on a daily basis, i am a stable person, no cause to have to think about some of the more subtle mind games that a lot of people have to cope with, no major downers in my life that would afford me the opportunity to have a good old moan.
I have a wonderful Master, who loves me beyond any kind of loving i have ever experienced in all of my 49 years, i have two beautiful and well rounded children who i am so proud of, i have none of the worries that so many of my friends and fellow submissives seem to carry around with them, which seem to have such a huge bearing on their every day lives... what have i got to moan at...nothing.

i have to say that it does seem to me that there are many many ladies of the submissive persuasion who do have some added baggage that they carry around with them, through no fault of their own i would hasten to add, but it is more and more obvious to me that many subs have had or still have some really hard knocks in life and these can and do reflect on how they view themselves and of course how other see them also. It is a well documented fact that subs tend to have low self esteem and that one of the many tasks any good Dominant is likely to face is that of lifting the sub out of that rutt, not an easy task by any means but one that seems to be prevalent within the lifestyle.
The poor self worth can certainly have a detrimental effect on any relationship, making it all the more difficult for the sub to even begin to find a place for themselves as this baggage has to first be addressed and then got over somehow and all within what is going to be a new environment and one that really shouldn't have to withstand the onslaught of old and sometimes still open wounds.

For myself, i guess the plasters i have stuck over any little cuts and grazes i have had in my life, ( and there have been a few) seem to be holding fast and i guess i am lucky that i have been able to move beyond those and on to a more happy and enjoyable time in my life and i have to add here, that that is due to my Master, MG, who has given me something in my life that allows me the space, in comfort and control...to expand and see the bigger picture when it comes to who and what i am.
It is he who allows me to grow and to find the space and freedom to see that what i am and what i have is all that i need right now... sure ..i could moan about the little things that may be lacking on any given day but they are really so trivial and not even worth a mention compared to some of the hardships that others have to cope with and for that i would like to publicly say thank you to my Master, for his love and care, for his overwhelming devotion to our way of life and for all he gives and continues to give to me and mine, day after day, week in, week out.. Without Him i might be just another statistic.
Love you Master..(mwahhhhhhhhh)


1 comment:

SK said...

Laughing as my blog is titled "My Complete Submission".

I've been dealing with a lot of what you discuss in this blog. It is inspirational to find D/s relationships that do work, that are balanced and healthy. And it appears you fit into that description.

Any insight you can offer into my current dilemma, I'd appreciate. :)